Monday, July 17, 2006

I Could Get Used to This

Three baby showers in less than two weeks + the constant concern and attention of family and friends = one very spoiled Jennifer.

I suppose this is how a normal human being turns into Paris Hilton. People lavish enough attention and gifts on you and you start to believe that you've done something to deserve it. At least I’m receiving attention for carrying around a baby and not a Fendi handbag full of cash I didn’t earn, annoyingly tiny dogs, and the blood of my servants mixed into a delicious, low-carb frappuccino.

I also realize that my time in the spotlight is brief. As soon as Baby Girl is born I will be an afterthought -- the woman who feeds and cleans the baby and drives her to make appearances before her adoring public. With that in mind, I soaked up what is likely to be my final baby shower (unless I’m ambushed during lunch again). The shower was hosted by two very excited grandmothers-to-be, Teresa and Christine. I was once again overwhelmed by the care and planning that went into the shower, as well as the thoughtful gifts offered up by the shower guests.

I will never forget how special I’ve been made to feel during my pregnancy. I will cling to that memory every time I get knocked to the ground by a stampede of family and friends jockeying to see the baby.

View photos from the shower >

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home