Thursday, June 22, 2006

Third Trimester: Not My Favorite

The 30th week of pregnancy is upon me, and it appears to be more of the same. And by more I mean more heartburn, more weight gain, more swollen feet, more exhaustion, and more emotional instability. Somehow, a shirt that fit just fine last week will today no longer reach my belly button, much less cover the elastic band on my pregnancy pants.

Speaking of belly buttons, mine is hanging onto the very last vestiges of concaveness. It’s almost like it knows that I’m not yet prepared for this pregnancy milestone – the point at which my lifelong innie makes its debut to the world as a proud, flesh-waving outtie. I will forever appreciate my belly button for at least putting up a good fight, unlike my fat, sausage feet. I can still see you down there, you swollen quitters!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home