Sunday, June 18, 2006

First Father's Day

I first saw John’s potential to be a good father over seven years ago when he rescued our new puppy, Rico, from the clutches of an evil gift bag that had ensnared his tiny head. John held Rico and comforted him until he felt safe enough to continue his destruction of my tiny college apartment.

Now, more than ever, I am certain that John will be a great father to our baby girl. His support and enthusiasm have been constant during this tumultuous time in our lives, and I am incredibly grateful to have a partner who is so involved and interested in the process of preparing for parenthood.

In honor of his first Father’s Day, here are the top reasons that John (shown modeling his new Diaper Dude bag above) will be an amazing dad:

  • He enjoys baby preparation tasks – From researching crib safety to painting the nursery, John has happily immersed himself into the world of baby bouncers and changing tables.

  • He is patient and supportive – Always even-tempered, he has endured my various pregnancy-related mood swings and shown a knack for putting me back together when I fall apart.

  • He is loved by animals and children – We’ve never met a child or pet who didn’t instantly adore him.

  • He has wonderful role models – John and I are both blessed with loving fathers who provide great examples for a first-time dad.

  • He loves me – My dad often tells me that the best thing a father can do for his child is to love her mother. Happily, we have that one covered.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home