Thursday, July 06, 2006

8 Month Update

Dear Baby Girl,

Today marks our eight-month anniversary of living together and I think you are becoming dissatisfied with your current quarters. My belly is now like an episode of MTV’s The Real World – we’re finding out what happens when you and my organs stop being polite and start getting real. To be fair, you are now almost four pounds and 17 inches long, which means that you totally deserve more space than those annoying kidneys and that boring bladder.

According to BabyCenter.com, side effects of my growing belly are low back pain and pain in my buttocks and thighs. That means I can say you have literally become a pain in my ass without being a bad mom – I’m just stating a scientific fact.

The various growing pains are easy to forgive when I think of how much I’ve learned about you in the past few weeks. You become as impatient as Rico when dinner is being prepared and you have a serious affection for Dr. Pepper. You love it when your father talks to you, but you will not stand for being bossed or ordered to settle down. I can actually make out your tiny little feet when you kick me now, which is very, very often. You are feisty and independent already and I am so glad that you're mine.

Love,
Mom

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home