Wednesday, May 24, 2006

City Champ, Interrupted

My last official, pre-baby tennis match was a big one – the ALTA City Finals. As I waddled into the tennis center surrounded by perky ladies in cute tennis dresses, I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing playing in such an important match at nearly six and a half months pregnant. Fortunately for me, tennis (at least at my level) is an equal opportunity sport. In past seasons I've had my ass handed to me by a pair of senior citizens in knee braces, so it was with no small amount of pleasure that I showed a couple of women from Marietta that even a pregnant lady can win at the finals.


Despite this personal victory, my team did not win enough individual matches to claim the championship. It's hard to be too disappointed, though. In just three short seasons we've gone from losing every single match to making a very serious run at the championship. Most importantly, I've made a lot of amazing friends who care enough to worry as I run around the court with my ever-expanding belly and ice me down between sets like a whale being transported to a new tank.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home