Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Mighty Good Man

On Tuesday Lana developed a fever that alternated between 100 and 103 degrees. While I tore through my copy of Your Child’s Health * and debated packing a bag for the hospital, John calmly sat with Lana and fulfilled her request for repeated readings of The Tooth Book**.

Lana was still feverish the next morning, so we called the doctor and received instructions to increase her dosage of Tylenol and monitor her temperature. I had a day jam-packed with meetings, so John agreed to stay home and nurse our baby girl back to health. In between caring for Lana and working on our back-log of laundry, John brought this up to my office:


Dr. Pepper and Kraft Mac and Cheese, delivered by a loving husband and rock-star father. I am indeed a lucky lady.


* Highly recommended book for parents
** Not recommended, unless you want to feel like pulling out your own teeth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Fingernails said...

I love that he brought you a Dr. Pepper and mac and cheese. Dr. pepper is my favorite.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home