Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Google Me MomGenes

Soon after setting up my blog I integrated Google Analytics code for reporting. I was hoping to find out if anyone was bothering to visit my site or if I was just writing to myself and my daughter, who enjoys the Internet only when it is accompanied by a keyboard to bang on. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the number of visitors to the site and the diverse geographic locations. Check out the map overlay below – I’m taking Algeria by storm, baby!



It’s fun to see where my site visitors come from, but even more enjoyable is checking out the search terms that lead them to my blog. Here is my list of favorites:


  1. “Baby ate a piece of mylar” – Uh, oh. It may be time to get off the Internet and into a doctor’s office.

  2. “6 week baby screams out of the blue” – I feel your pain.

  3. “Baby shrieks very loud” – Ahh, that takes me back to the early days.

  4. “Baby throws head violently” – A pattern is emerging.

  5. “Crackling noises + pregnancy” – Not sure what to make of this one.

  6. “Grapes babies poop” – Or this one.

  7. “Loudest farts on tape” – I don’t recall optimizing for those terms…

  8. “Pageant mom horror stories” – This visitor must have been disappointed.

  9. “Taping a swaddle shut” – Protective services is finally catching up to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home