Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pushing Dad’s Buttons, Part Two

I posted video earlier this month of Lana turning our television off and on. John and I had a good chuckle watching it – “Isn’t she cute messing with the TV during the game?” we thought. Yes, it’s all shits and giggles until the television burns out.

During the second half of the Georgia game Saturday night, Lana decided it was time for more fun with the television power button. Only after the third off/on cycle, the screen on our old 32-inch Toshiba didn’t look quite right. It wasn’t so much that the picture was gone, it was just constrained to a single pixel running across the middle of the screen. And that, apparently, is not good enough for John when Georgia is playing Alabama (or for me when a new episode of Beauty and the Geek is waiting on TiVo).

We briefly weighed our options – repair our 300lb, state-of-the-art in 2000 set or get a fancy new LCD model. Turns out it wasn’t a difficult decision:


If it weren’t for the timing of the blow out, I would seriously suspect John of bribing Lana to destroy our old set. And in relaying the story to friends, I received several offers to let Lana “play” with items ranging from other dated televisions to old dining room tables. I’m booking appointments now, in case you are interested. If you call and I don’t answer, it’s because Lana somehow switched our caller ID to Spanish and I have no idea what it says.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig Taylor said...

Ha, I was thinking the same thing when watching the video: "How long is that TV gonna last taking that abuse?" Good move, but keep her away from the new one. :)

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home