Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Big!

One of Lana’s favorite books at the moment is So Big, featuring Baby Elmo doing all sorts of grown up things like walking, waving, and touching his toes. After studying the picture of Elmo eating a banana one morning, Lana led me to the kitchen where she could not be satisfied until she received a banana of her very own.

Come to think of it, “So Big!” has become a kind of mantra around our house – only slightly less popular than “Be Careful!” To celebrate her many accomplishments this month, I dedicate this So Big poem to my Lana Kat:

Baby Lana sits in a chair
Baby Lana combs her hair

Baby Lana opens the door
Baby Lana asks for more

Baby Lana eats with a spoon
Baby Lana grabs a balloon

Baby Lana says, “No, no, no”
Baby Lana grabs my can of Dr. Pepper when I’m not looking and tries to chug it but ends up getting it up her nose and spilling it all over the floor and I have to change her shirt for the third time in one afternoon

Baby Lana is SO BIG!

Try not to dwell on the fact that those last lines don’t rhyme, per se, and enjoy the following video of my So Big Lana walking around at her grandparents’ house.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I love your new poem!! Lana is getting so big.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home