Sunday, October 08, 2006

Supergranny

Becoming a mom is without a doubt the scariest and most challenging endeavor I’ve ever undertaken, and I can’t imagine doing it without the help of my own mother. She was by my side when I combed the stores for non-revolting maternity wear, holding my hand in the delivery room, and waiting at our house with a hot meal and helping hands when we brought Lana home from the hospital. With her support, I retained my sanity when John returned to work and even managed to get some time to myself over the past few weeks for catching up on sleep and getting back on the tennis court.

Rico has long recognized my mom as the world’s greatest grandmother, and I can already tell how much Lana adores her by the way she watches her with rapt attention and listens closely as she recites nursery rhymes. In fact, Lana’s first non-poop related smile took place in the lap of her Granny.

I always cherished the time I spent with my own grandmother, Granny Dot, who passed away during my freshman year in college. She was feisty, selfless, patient, and incredibly fun to be around, and I see so much of her in my mom. Lana is a very lucky girl indeed.

Happy Birthday, Granny T.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
This is the sweetest birthday present I have ever received, and to be compared to my mom is greatest tribute ever. It is my pleasure to be a part of Lana's life. Thank you and John for allowing me to be involved in her early days.
Granny T

8:58 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Lana is the most BEAUTIFUL baby I have ever seen! (Except for maybe my own two babies, who are now beautiful young women.) I can't wait to meet her in person! Also, let me know when she gets over the colicky phase and we can discuss babysitting.
Suzanne

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home