Thursday, August 31, 2006

Introducing Lana Kathleen Mayes


Our beautiful baby girl, Lana Kathleen Mayes, was born on August 29th, 2006 at 6:52pm. She found the hospital's cancellation of our scheduled induction on Tuesday morning wholly unacceptable and sent me into labor shortly after lunch with no medical intervention.

Did I mention that Lana's a big girl? She weighed in at 9lbs 13 ounces and became an overnight celebrity in the maternity ward as the largest baby recently delivered. She is healthy and has a beautiful head of brown hair. John and I are completely smitten.




View more photos of Lana

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all that hair! She's beautiful! :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Congratulations!! She looks so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! You have been truly blessed! Jennifer, I work with your father and even though I have not had the pleasure of meeting you and your husband, I have really enjoyed reading about your experince. I have a sister that is starting her journey into pregnancy and I have encouraged her to do the same thing. Take Care and God Bless.
Wanda Dutton

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home