Friday, October 06, 2006

Poop Dispenser

The baby books I read really didn’t do enough to prepare me for the poops of my newborn baby. Sure, they told me to keep a record of my child’s bowel movements and even provided some guidance as to the characteristics of the poop. After changing Lana’s diapers for the past five weeks, I think a checklist like the following is actually in order:


  • Poop is yellow and watery. Check.


  • Poop has noticeable odor. Check.


  • Poop has tendency to seep out of diapers and onto clothes of baby and caregivers. Check.


  • Poop can be shot out of baby’s bottom during a diaper change like a garden fountain and land more than two feet away from the changing table while mom stands by screaming. CHECK.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've heard stories of projectile pee and vomit, but poop too? Has someone invented a changing shield yet?

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home