Thursday, August 03, 2006

9 Month Update

Dear Baby Girl,

We did it! We’ve reached the milestone that I’ve both longed for and dreaded since I first found out about you: NINE MONTHS! It is a commonly held belief that it takes nine months to grow a human baby. Most couples believe that until they make their first prenatal visit and find out that the baby’s due date is set at 40 weeks. I’ve never been great at math, but I’m almost positive that 40 weeks is much closer to ten months than to nine. And when you’re talking about the pain and discomfort of waddling around on swollen feet in 90 degree heat while carrying a living, kicking being in your belly, it seems most appropriate to round up.

Despite my ever-increasing discomfort and ever-decreasing mobility, your father and I have managed to complete many of our final preparations for your arrival. We’ve finished up your new room – I’m sure you will find it much more spacious and colorful than your current digs. You’ll also find it filled with lots of clothes, blankets, toys, and baby gear thanks to our many wonderful friends and family. We also interviewed and selected your pediatrician, Dr. Leard. I think you will like him, and not just because his office is right across the street from a Dairy Queen.

Most significantly, we’ve finally decided on your name. I tell you this at my own peril, since we will still not announce it before your birth and your Grandpa Roy will surely read this and badger me constantly for the next four weeks. Although we’ve considered only a couple of first names for the past few months, the final decision came to us quite suddenly last week. I’ll throw out a clue and say that either the first or middle name we’ve selected is one of the suggested names on your site right now.

Your father and I are very much looking forward to meeting you, and I hope I will not have to write a 10 month update before that happens. Please remember to take it easy on me during delivery – there will be plenty of time for kicking and spreading those long legs out later on!

Love,
Mom

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home