Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Baby's First Christmas

Lana learned how to grasp and reach for toys just in time for Christmas. She wasn’t quite old enough to get excited about the holiday, though. I’m sure next year will be a different story, but she’ll be hard pressed to top the time I jumped on the bed on Christmas Eve yelling, “SANTA IS COMING!” until I threw up. Man, was Christmas 2004 fun.

Lana did, however, enjoy the lights, the decorations, and the general merriment of the holiday season. She also had an impressive haul of presents for someone who can’t even open the packages by herself. Even though the Fisher Price Learning Puppy I gave her randomly calls out “I love you” and “You’re fun!” in a desperate bid for attention, Lana’s favorite toys so far are a Hungry Pelican from my cousin and a Clutch Cube from my parents. We haven’t broken out the Hop ‘N Pop from John’s parents yet, but I imagine there will be some serious hopping and popping starting in about a month.

The presents made the holiday fun, but spending time with Lana and our families made baby’s first Christmas truly great. I look forward to experiencing Christmas again through the eyes of a child, and maybe even encountering a little holiday-induced vomit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home