Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

Today we celebrated our first Thanksgiving with Lana. Sitting in my home surrounded by family while holding my baby girl reminded me of just how much I have to be thankful for.

It was this time last year that I started taking medication to correct a hormonal imbalance. The medicine made me constantly sick to my stomach, and the need to take it made me realize that getting pregnant might not be easy, or even possible.

Amazingly, Lana was conceived just days after I began taking the medication. I am so thankful for the ease with which we got pregnant, the lack of complications during pregnancy and delivery, and the beautiful, healthy baby girl that has made our family complete. I could have eaten a corn dog for dinner (but thanks to the grandmothers I didn't have to), and this still would have been the best Thanksgiving holiday of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home