Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Birthday MomGenes!

It’s true what they say about babies – they grow up fast. Today marks the one year anniversary of my very first blog posting about my pregnancy. When I began the site, I envisioned it as a way to chronicle my journey into motherhood. A place to post updates on my progress, photos of our baby preparations, and other minutia that only those with genetic ties would have any interest in following.

Much to my surprise, friends and family began visiting the site on a regular basis and passing it on to their own friends and acquaintances. I actually began attracting loyal readers – people who for some reason or another connected with my stories. I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who has visited my site and posted a comment or provided some other form of support. Your compliments and encouragement have motivated me to keep posting, the result of which is an amazingly thorough and honest record of my pregnancy and the first year of Lana’s life. It’s something I hope she will value later on in her life, once she gets past the embarrassment of having her bodily functions described in excruciating detail.

To celebrate this milestone, I present a brand new site design and a renewed promise to bring you more stories about my beautiful baby girl, adventures in parenting, favorite baby gear, and of course, baby poop! Please let me know what you think.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig Taylor said...

You go girl! Site refresh looks great! Maybe I should update mine. . . .

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Who thought poop could be so fashionable. Love the new design!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home