Saturday, July 26, 2008

Going Green

We’ve been preoccupied with Green around here lately, but I’m sorry to say it’s not the environmentally-friendly kind of Green that’s happening around here. Nope, our Green has much more to do with Lana’s current obsession with Shrek (more on that in the next monthly update) and her study of the color in school for the past couple weeks. On Thursday, they celebrated the completion of their color study with a Green-themed party hosted by Preston’s mom, Suzi. The festivities included some lovely green favors and green cupcakes. I found a few remnants of green frosting on Lana’s face and under her nails that afternoon, but after the bath that evening I assumed the green party was behind us. Silly mommy.

As I finished up Lana’s bath the next night, she grabbed her washcloth and began wiping down the tub while the water drained out. The dear child is fond of “Clean Up Time!” and rarely turns down an opportunity to wipe down surfaces in the bathroom, kitchen, or classroom. Naturally, this is an interest I encourage, so I left her engrossed in her cleaning and turned around to wash a particularly ripe lovey in the bathroom sink. A minute or two went by before Lana requested by attention.

“Mommy?”

“Yes, Lana?”

“I made dook.”

“What? (I turn around to spy a large green poop lying in the middle of the tub, with Lana backed away and pointing at it.) Oh my Lord!”

Lana immediately began chanting, “Oh my Lord, oh my loooaarrd, loarrrd. I made dook in tub!” She then collected herself and a very serious look came over her face when she said, “Mommy, we have to wipe it.”

Two years ago the sight of a green turd in my bathtub would have absolutely horrified me. Now, it cracks me up and sends me running for a witness (lucky John) and my video camera. I realize that not everyone enjoys a green poop as much as me, so I won’t share the video with actual poop footage. I’m saving that for Lana’s first serious boyfriend, anyway. Instead, check out the interview with Lana shortly after the incident.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

OMG! That is SO FUNNY. Don't you just love being a mommy?! Kids are a constant source of amusement; they really do bring so much joy. Lucky, lucky you!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home