Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Toddler Speak

A list of funny things Lana said in the past week:
  1. To her father, after he said good night to her:

    “Good night, girlfriend!”


  2. To her Pop, after he passed her another french fry at dinner:

    “Good boy!”


  3. To the My Little People Busy Town lift the flap book she was reading on the couch:

    “People, and bicycles, and boats, and doggy, and good buddies, and butterflies…”

    [Good buddies are what she has decided to call squirrels, it turns out.]


  4. To the bin of diapers, which now includes Princess-themed Easy Ups and Dora Pull Ups:

    “Fun ladies, fun ladies, and dis… dis here panties.”


  5. To me, after I asked how the newly-bathed Rico smelled:

    “Yummy!”


  6. To the tissue I threw away after wiping her nose:

    "Bye, bye, booger!"

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled something about furniture in atlanta, and your blog popped up. Anyway, you've got a great blog... I just moved to Georgia a month ago so it's fun to read other local moms' blogs.

Take care,
Ainsley

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, the whole point to me commenting was to say how cute your daughter's phrases were. I love what they come up with!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I found you the same way as Ainsley. I have had your blog on my bookmarks bar favorites at the top of my MAC computer for 5 months. I didn't even realize people created blogs like this. I am so intrigued & entertained by you and Lana. I actually lived in Atlanta from 1996-2007 before I made the transition of traveling between Chattanooga, TN & Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I am a 34yr. old interior decorator and I have no children. My dream is for a little girl but I may never have one. Too personal a story to leave here. So, THANK-YOU for sharing Lana with me. You make me smile & I sometimes cry but I am always happy to see your blog, pics and videos. Maybe someday I will get to mimic you and do this myself... it doesn't hurt to dream!
I have a blog/bio/pics/video on Myspace. It is www.myspace.com/missatoc2008. You can see what I do with my new pageant title of Miss America's Touch of Class 2008.
Thank-you again,
Becky

9:02 AM  
Blogger Guest said...

Thank you both for your kind comments! I never imagined anyone other than my immediate family would enjoy reading my blog, so it's been a very nice surprise. Thanks so much for reading and leaving notes, and best of luck with your own endeavors.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home